Melbourne, Australia has been a street artists’ haven since 1990. The Hosier Lane and Rutledge Lane are two of the most famous streets that have graffiti art. A few years back these lanes were getting a complete makeover but then graffiti artists in Melbourne stood up and started making new art over the painted walls.
Professional graffiti artists use spray paints to make the wall murals and throw-up pieces. If you want to spray paint like a professional, read the guidelines below.
- Most the details regarding its durability, temperature and application. Take out a minute and read the spray can before buying.
- Move your spray paint in a horizontal and vertical direction instead of pointing as this may lead to an uneven distribution of paint.
- As an alternative to the regular newspaper, try using a drop cloth or large plastic.
- Use a handle to hold your spray can instead of holding it directly in your hand. With an adjustable handle you can reach spaces with ladders or platforms.
- Always start with a pattern test, this gives you a durability report and how the material holds up the paint.
- Never be afraid to try new techniques, experiment with new methods. This gives you a unique style and it separates you from the rest of the crowd.
- Before starting to paint, make sure that your surface is smooth. Sand it and apply a coat of primer for flawless results.
With all this tips and guidelines for becoming a pro at spray painting, make sure you stay safe and use proper masks for better air.